WOCKHARDT SUGARCHEK GLUCOMETERS
Self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) is an important component of modern therapy for diabetes mellitus. In an effort to achieve a specific level of glycemic control to prevent hypoglycemia, SMBG has been recommended as an effective tool for people with diabetes. The goal of SMBG is to collect detailed information about blood glucose levels at many time points to enable maintenance of a more constant glucose level by more precise regimens. It can be used to aid in the adjustment of a therapeutic regimen in response to blood glucose values and to help individuals adjust their dietary intake, physical activity, and insulin doses to improve glycemic control on a day-to-day basis. SMBG can aid in diabetes control by:
• Facilitating the development of an individualized blood glucose profile, which will be helpful for an individualized diabetic regimen planning
• Helping patients to make appropriate day-to-day treatment choices in diet and physical activity as well as in insulin or other agents
• Improving patients’ recognition of hypoglycemia or severe hyperglycemia
• Enhancing patient education and patient empowerment regarding the effects of lifestyle and pharmaceutical intervention on glycemic control
The Sugarchek meter is loaded with useful features for patient convenience.
• One touch operation: Easy to operate with an ergonomic design. • Large LCD screen: with an ease to view test results even for elderly patient.
• 450 results storage : The patients can review the test results with date and time.
• Provides Glucose averages of 7,14,21,28,60 and 90 days.
• Proactive Ketone warning for readings > 240 mg/dl.
• Reliability: The Sugarchek strips are loaded with Glucose Oxidase technology (GOD), the trusted technology over years with high stability enzyme and least interference from other sugars.
• Accuracy: Sugarchek strips have the smallest reaction zone which significantly reduces the reading errors due to incomplete filling and ensures accurate results in first attempt.
• Stability : The Sugarchek strips are most stable packed in vials which protects the enzyme in the strips from extreme temperatures of 2 to 32°C and can be used upto 90 days once the vial is opened.
• Comfort : Sugarchek reads from even a speck of blood as it requires just 0.7 µl of blood. Sugarchek gives accurate and precise results in just 7 seconds.
• Alternate site testing: Sugarchek allows alternative site testing, with results equivalent to fingertip testing.
• Sugarchek has been graded with the highest accreditations from National Institute of Biologicals; ISO (International standard organization), EC (European commission) and USFDA.
Sugarchek Advance Glucometer
The Sugarchek meter is loaded with useful features for versatility and user-friendliness
• Widest Hematocrit range of 0% to 70%. Can be used in neonates & even dialysis patients
• 1000 results storage large memory : The patients can review the test results with date and time.
• AC/PC Average : Separate Pre-meal & Post-meal averages allow for better dosage titration.
• • One touch operation: Easy to operate with an ergonomic design and Backlit Screen.
• Large LCD screen: with an ease to view test results even for elderly patient.
• Provides Glucose averages of 7,14,30,60 and 90 days.
• Strip Ejector : Reduced risk of Biohazard.
• Interference Protection : No interference from alternate sugars.
• Accuracy : Meets International Standards of Accuracy.
• Alternate site testing: Sugarchek Advance allows alternative site testing, with results equivalent to fingertip testing.
• Sugarchek Advance has been graded with the highest accreditations from National Institute of Biologicals; ISO (International standard organization), EC (European commission) and USFDA.